1. Seetimarr: This film starring Gopichand and Tamanna pulled the attention of mass audience.
Amidst poor response to the theaters from the audience, this movie could make some reasonably good collections this week. But still, it is far away from breakeven as per the trade circles.
The film that was made targeting the B,C center audience proved successful in pulling their attention.
2. Thalaivi: This political biopic of Jayalalithaa is released with poor openings but subsequently caught some traction.
Though the collections are not as anticipated, this film became the most talked one this week after Seetimaar.
The film targeted for the class and educated audience couldn’t pull much of the crowds to theatres.
3. Shang-chi: This foreign film is a surprise hit in India which came out of the blue. The young audience that patronized this film brought huge collections and it is still continuing in the top-5 list even after the second week.
The out of the box action episodes in the film mesmerized the target audience and it even bulldozed the most publicized Fast and Furious 9 that was released simultaneously.
4. Laabham: This Vijay Sethupathi’s film is another surprise one. The audience at the theaters walked in to see Vijay Sethupathi who became more popular after Uppena.
The mass audience patronized this dubbed film to some extent though not in an impressive manner.
5. Sridevi Soda Center: This film still stands up in the top list by doing some collections. Though released two weeks ago, the concept of the film pulled the attention of mass audience.
This Sudheer Babu, Anandi starrer was made on a beaten track theme but offered an impactful narration.